After the international break in November 2017, the European stadiums vibrated this weekend with the various championships. Several African players found the net.
African scorers in major European leagues are numerous. This weekend, many of them have illustrated themselves. The Togolese Emmanuel Adebayor hit on 3 occasions, the Egyptian Mohamed Salah author of a double and records or the Cameroonian Samuel Eto’o who saved his club Antalyaspor a defeat.
In the top 10 of the African scorers in Europe (2017-2018 season), the Gabonese Pierre – Emerick Aubameyang remains untouchable. Striker Borussia Dortmund, absent this weekend keeps the top spot in the standings. His place is nevertheless threatened with the thunderous forms of Mohamed Salah and Vincent Aboubakar who has only one goal behind the captain of the Panthers of Gabon.
The big novelty of this ranking is the integration of Emmanuel Adebayor. The Togolese, thanks to his triplet, made a big jump by climbing to the 6th place. The indestructible Samuel Eto’o is in the 10th place
Top 10 African scorers in Europe:
1. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon/Dortmund/Portugal) : 10 Buts
2. Mohamed Salah (Sénégal/Liverpool/Angleterre) : 9 Buts
3. Vincent Aboubakar (Cameroun/FC Porto/Portugal) : 9 Buts
4. Cédric Bakambu (RD Congo/Villarreal/Espagne) : 8 Buts
5. Moussa Marega (Mali/FC Porto/Portugal) : 8 Buts
6. Emmanuel Adebayor (Togo/Basaksehir/Turquie) : 7 Buts
7. Arouna Koné (Côte d’Ivoire/Sivas/Turquie) : 7 Buts
8. Mimoun Mahi (Maroc/Groningen/Pays-Bas) : 6 Buts
9. Khalid Boutaib (Maroc/Yeni Malatya/Turquie) : 6 Buts
10. Samuel Eto’o (Cameroun/Antalyaspor/Turquie) : 6 Buts
This ranking takes into account the main European championships: France, England, Spain, Italy, Germany, Portugal, Netherlands, Turkey (2017-2018 Season)
CREDIT: Africa Sports 24